Not all roofing contractors are the same and, while we happily accept that there are many reputable companies trading in the Sutton area which give their customers great service, there are a small number of companies trading locally that don’t have the experience or industry know-how to complete roofing work to current Building Regulations. Even fewer know the benefits of modern RubberBond roofing and GRP fibreglass roofing materials.
If you’re a domestic or commercial customer in Sutton looking for repairs on pitched or flat roofs, or maybe even the installation of new roofs, we think it’s vitally important that you some time out to research the credentials of all potential roofing contractors.
Here, we provide some handy tips on how to do exactly that…
1. How long has the company worked in the roofing industry?
2. Has the company completed work on new roofs or flat roofs similar to your own?
3. Do these potential roofing contractors have an established reputation in Sutton?
4. Is their workmanship supported by insurance-backed guarantees?
5. Is there sufficient public liability insurance in place?
6. Has the company proposed a realistic price for any materials needed?
7. Are you happy with the figure your roofing contractors are charging for labour?
8. Is the company happy to accept payment once the work has been completed?
9. Does the company have testimonials from previous customers in Sutton?
10. Is there a provision in place if work on new roofs and flat roofs is unsatisfactory?
11. Can the company use EPDM RubberBond roofing if required?
12. Is GRP fibreglass roofing an option if you need repairs in flat roofs?
1. Roofing contractors should be part of an established and experienced company.
2. The business will have a phone number and a physical address in the Sutton area.
3. References, testimonials and a proven track record can be presented.
4. Free written quotations and related paperwork can be provided.
5. Warranties are offered for work on new roofs, pitched roofs and flat roofs.
6. Your roofing structure is thoroughly inspected before a quotation is given.
7. Proof of insurance cover can be provided on request.
8. Your roofing contractors are approved by local authorities in Sutton.
9. The company is also accredited to reputable trade organisations.
10. The company is familiar with all modern and traditional roofing systems.
11. Installers fit modern RubberBond roofing and GRP roofing materials
12. Travelling a little further to meet your needs is never a problem for the company.
A lack of research when looking for reputable roofing contractors could result in you regretting your decision to hire a company in the future. At DG Roofing & Building Services Ltd, we tick all of the boxes listed above and help our Sutton customers by using modern systems, such as EPDM RubberBond roofing or GRP fibreglass roofing, on flat roofs.
As far as new roofs are concerned, a good roofing company in Sutton will be able to provide you with a complete design and build service. They will have a network of trusted suppliers, will always use the best materials available for the budget and will have no reservations whatsoever about supporting their workmanship with insurance-backed guarantees.